What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Upgrade PRTG to 16.2.23.3270+

Votes:

Hello Experts,

I have upgraded my prtg to version 16.2.23.3270+ yesterday and all of a sudden my remote probes "2250" in number says manual update required after some research I found the registry tweak of "ProbeUpdateMaxNew" I set its value to 10. but still no luck . When I checked the logs on the server it says for every probe "wrong probe protocol"

Probe: Incoming Login Message from 161.202.81.187:52674 Probe: Wrong Probe Protocol (41422 <> 43270 for "S-33-06-02" (ID=-1) Probe: Queueing update for "S-33-06-02" (ID=-1)

Please help...

prtg prtg-network-monitor prtg16

Created on May 9, 2016 10:36:56 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

You can restart the PRTG Core Service. That should re-trigger the automatic Probe Updates. If they still need a manual update after this, please manually update them, by downloading the Probe Installer from your PRTG Webinterface, to the host machine of each Remote Probe. And then just run the Remote Probe installer on each host.

best regards.

Created on May 10, 2016 12:20:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.