What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Email Notifications

Votes:

Hello, I have a sensor that is always with the ping down (it has to be on all the time), and so we are always receiving notifications in our email. The problem is that we receive several notification emails everyday from this sensor specifically, and my colleagues tell me that they didnt have this problem with the old version of PRTG. Is there a way to reduce/limit the number of notifications from a specific sensor?

I have version PRTG Network Monitor 15.4.20.4776+

Thanks

email notification-email ping-sensor

Created on May 10, 2016 11:05:55 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

You could just change that via the specific notification settings for the sensors - maybe that is the thing you need?

Best regards

Created on May 10, 2016 2:40:20 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Under the sensor's "Notification" tab you can adjust how often do you want to receive alerts from this sensor. Please also go to "Setup -> Account Settings -> Notifications" and then check the settings of the notification used for this sensor.

Best regards

Created on May 11, 2016 10:16:39 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the response. Problem is that we always had the same configuration, but we now receive mutiple emails randomly from random sensors and random timing, let me explain, lets say I have 5 ping sensors that are down for 5 hours, so I start receiving emails from the warning over and over randomly, with no order in timing. I maybe receive 5 notifications in half an hour but the next hour I receive 20 notifications from the same sensors.

Regards

Created on May 11, 2016 11:17:43 AM

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. We will continue troubleshooting in the ticket as we need some more details and screenshots from your PRTG.

Best regards

Created on May 11, 2016 1:10:24 PM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.