What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Rasberry pi 3 gpio senzor snmp

Votes:

Hello! I connect to may rasberryt temperature probe ds18b20. On rasberry i can read temperature but i canot configure rasberry snmp oid value to prtg.

anyone has experience how add GPIO value from rasberry to PRTG ?

ThankYou....

Regards, Damjan

linux rasberry snmp temperature

Created on May 16, 2016 10:47:49 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your KB-Post. How exactly do you read the temperature value from the GPIO-Interface? If using a python script on the pi, then you could extend the script to simply push the value with a HTTP Request to PRTG into a HTTP Push Data Sensor.

best regards.

Created on May 17, 2016 12:17:22 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for answer. First of all, im totaly beginer with linux and rasberry. I use prtg for monitor temperature with lan controler - device with web server and fixed oid value. Work fine, but is posiblle only 6 temp. Senzor. Thats why i buy rasberry. I try this project http://projects.privateeyepi.com/home/temperature-sensor-project-using-ds18b20 Work fine ( ok i dont know how set reading temperature every 60s ,but work ), but i want read in prtg. I look for template or manual for project for reading gpio (temp., relay state, etc.... ) and send oid snmp to prtg.

Thank you.

Created on May 17, 2016 3:39:02 PM

Votes:

The thing is, you will have to enable SNMP first, and then have a script running, that provides the temperature value via an OID. This script needs to run all the time.
In comparison, a python script, that runs every 5 minutes (using cron: Scheduling tasks with Cron and that pushes the value to PRTG as a HTTP Push Data Sensor will likely be easier, than implementing your own SNMP daemon. A basic python script to do this push could look like:

import urllib2
URL="http://IP_OR_HOSTNAME_OF_YOUR_PRTG_PROBE:5050/_TOKEN_?value=_YOUR_TEMPERATURE_&text=_YOUR_TEXT
#print(URL)
try:
    r = urllib2.urlopen(URL)
except:
    print("Error")
#print r.getcode()

You will need to adjust the script to first gather the temperature value of course.

Created on May 18, 2016 8:39:13 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

During this time I solve the problem. I use this code from forum :

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=83286&p=976878&hilit=prtg#p976878

Anyway thank you very much !!!

Regards

Created on May 19, 2016 5:26:21 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.