What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MySQL v2 - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Votes:

Hello,

I have problem with MySQL v2 sensor. I only get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error.

PRTG v. 16.2.24.3792+ with MySQL v. 5.5.49-0+deb7u1 on Debian 7.1.

Best regards

Martin

error mysql mysql-v2-sensor

Created on May 16, 2016 12:05:44 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Martin

Please specify: Are you getting this error already during sensor creation, or is that the error message once the sensor has been created?

Created on May 17, 2016 2:28:49 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

after sensor has been created. (http://i.imgur.com/0rjmgXV.png)

Created on May 18, 2016 11:18:33 AM

Votes:

Dear Martin

Please contact [email protected] with some screenshots to allow me a better overview of what is going on. In that email, please state the error again and attach screenshot of

• the sensor overview tab
  • the sensor logs tab
  • the settings tab (multiple screenshots if necessary to cover all options.)

Please capture the whole PRTG user interface in any screenshot and attach images as email file attachment. Please also include the SQL statement which you are using for this sensor.

Created on May 18, 2016 12:30:31 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 18, 2016 12:30:54 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.