What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom SQL Script issue

Votes:

Hi there I want PRTG to run this Script and respond with OK if there is 0 and Error if there is 1 or more

SELECT
db.name DBName,
tl.request_session_id,
wt.blocking_session_id,
OBJECT_NAME(p.OBJECT_ID) BlockedObjectName,
tl.resource_type,
h1.TEXT AS RequestingText,
h2.TEXT AS BlockingTest,
tl.request_mode
FROM sys.dm_tran_locks AS tl
INNER JOIN sys.databases db ON db.database_id =tl.resource_database_id
INNER JOIN sys.dm_os_waiting_tasks AS wt ON tl.lock_owner_address =wt.resource_address
INNER JOIN sys.partitions AS p ON p.hobt_id =tl.resource_associated_entity_id
INNER JOIN sys.dm_exec_connections ec1 ON ec1.session_id =tl.request_session_id
INNER JOIN sys.dm_exec_connections ec2 ON ec2.session_id =wt.blocking_session_id
CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(ec1.most_recent_sql_handle) AS h1
CROSS APPLY sys.dm_exec_sql_text(ec2.most_recent_sql_handle) AS h2
GO

when I set it up and run it in PRTG I get the error of Invalid Syntax near go when i run the script in SQL Manager it works fine

Please advise thanks Ash

custom-sensor script sql

Created on May 16, 2016 2:15:52 PM

Last change on May 17, 2016 1:47:02 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Would it be possible to migrate this into a stored procedure (so that PRTG only checks the result table)? It may be the cross apply commands, although I'm not sure.. :) What happens when you remove the GO statement at the end?

Created on May 17, 2016 1:46:42 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 17, 2016 1:47:25 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there If I take the GO statement away, it errors out in PRTG with no Valid Database Returned Although it still works in SQL Does PRTG have issues with GO Statements?

Thanks Ash

Created on May 18, 2016 8:45:48 AM

Votes:

It was just an assumption...what's the actual result of the query? Screenshot will do as well.

Created on May 18, 2016 9:18:27 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.