What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I reset an HTTP Advanced content-change sensor?

Votes:

Content in a monitored web page has changed. We reacted to the change. Now we want to know if the page content changes again. But the sensor keeps alerting to a change, when it hasn't changed (lately). How do we reset this sensor's stored content, so it stops alerting now, and alerts again when there's a new change?

change-trigger http-advanced notifications

Created on May 17, 2016 7:00:37 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

The HTTP Advanced sensor will create a hash value of the destination site and compare this value with the last result. The next trigger will only be activated when the hash value changes.

Best regards, Felix

Created on May 19, 2016 12:44:15 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Last change on May 19, 2016 12:45:29 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I was wondering the exact same question. Once the status of the sensor is 'status changed' it never goes back to 'OK'. I was looking for a way of resetting it as well. Is this not how it should be working? Thanks, Andrew

Created on Nov 23, 2016 4:27:23 PM

Votes:

Hi Andrew,

The status will be reset after another scanning interval in which the hash value does not change. This is also possible by pausing and resuming the sensor.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Nov 24, 2016 9:46:56 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the response. I'm using my sensor to check a software providers web page so we are notified if they release a new version of an application. I wrongly assumed it was staying on content changed, in fact the website i was checking was changing between each scanning interval! not very helpful of them... I've changed it to searching for a keyword. Kind regards, Andrew

Created on Nov 24, 2016 6:06:35 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.