What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

New windows with favorites sensor

Votes:

Hello! I need help - again :) 1. On my PRTG page in root directory 27.0.0.1 i have 3 devices. - beebox - lan controller - rasberry pi 3 I want to make a window where i can see 2 sensor from first devices, 3 from second and 1 from last devices. Or, add 2 sensor from one devices to second... ( I hope you understand ) I want see big icon with an arrow. :)

Example: on this device, i want add 1 sensor from rasberry, ( I got all temperatures together )

sreenshot : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7914352639F9074E!4145&authkey=!AOk3MnwWsJSe_uE&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

2. Is it possible to paint large icons, such as icon of hard drive monitoring at the end of the red? I use a custom sensor for temperature and I want icon for the hot water boiler orange and red at end ( 80-100C ) 3. How do I turn off login in the PRTG server, if is it posible ...

Thank you very much for the answer. Regards Damjan , Slovenia

group-sensor login prtg-window

Created on May 19, 2016 4:47:41 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Damjan,

Regarding 1): Generally it is not possible to have a sensor on a device that queries another device, because most sensors are designed to address their queries to their parent device. What you can do however, would be creating a Business Process Sensor. This sensor works independently from its parent device and you can configure it to display data from several other sensors, so basically having several sensors combined into one.

Other alternatives:

• Creating a Library that contains only those temperature sensors.
  • Creating a Map with the sensors you're interested in. (Maps can also be public without the need to log in.)

Regarding 2.) I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but what you need might be setting limits in this temperature channel where it should be yellow (=warning state) or red (=error state).

Regarding 3.) Turning off login completely is not possible. The only thing that works without login is having a public map as mentioned before. However when clicking on one of the objects in the map, which then would lead to opening this device or sensor in PRTG, a login would then be required.

Kind regards.

Created on May 23, 2016 11:26:57 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanyou for answer! I solved problem with Libraries and limiting sensor.

Regards !

Created on May 25, 2016 9:58:24 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.