What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Nbar protocol delivery

Votes:

Hi We have successfully configured Netflow sensors in PRTG , for our Cisco routers. NBAR protocol is now configured on the Cisco router. How do I configure the sensors to pick up the data exported by Cisco routers to PRTG server?

cisco nbar protocol-delivery

Created on May 19, 2016 6:40:55 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi roshansimon,

This might be possible by importing the NBAR Protocol Discovery MIB and add SNMP Custom Advanced Sensors or SNMP Custom Table Sensors to your Cisco device in PRTG.

You can follow this link to convert the MIB file to be available in PRTG.

Best regards, Felix

Created on May 20, 2016 11:43:11 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix Thanks for your reply. I have followed the directions and downloaded the NBAR MIB files. After importing to PRTG Server, there are no description/details on the sensors. There are too many variables here that I don't want to use up all the sensors. What is the best way to find details?

Created on May 20, 2016 7:23:14 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Sometimes, MIB files indeed contain many counters. The best way will be to open the MIB file with the MIB Importer Tool and to browse for the values of your choice. You can than decide which value you want to add to your monitoring. I'm afraid that we do not use NBAR, therefore I cannot give you any recommendations at this time. Maybe another PRTG user wants to share his/her solution here.

Best regards, Felix

Created on May 23, 2016 9:28:07 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.