What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Want to run a remote EXE on a device.

Votes:

We have a DIVA tape drive connected to a Windows server. There is an executable on that Windows host that I can run to query the status of all the tape drives.

We have a powershell script to run the EXE and get back the results. Can I place this script on the remote probe and have it run from the probe? Or do I have to set up a remote probe on the Windows host that is attached to the tape drives?

custom-exe powershell prtg remote-probe

Created on May 20, 2016 6:35:02 PM

Last change on May 23, 2016 10:21:38 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Mike, thank you for your KB-Post.

Yes, you should be able to place the powershell script on a remote probe if you make it compatible with powershell remoting.

Please review the following reply/post: Customer Powershell Script Returns no response

In the post above a customer converted his "local script" to a script which could perform queries over the network.

Created on May 23, 2016 10:20:51 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.