What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Defect Administration Tool?

Votes:

There seem to be a problem with the last Preview update: The link and the exe itself of the Administration Tool shows no correct symbol. If you try to get the properties, the Windows Explorer freezes. Starting of the tool also fails...

administration prtg tool

Created on May 21, 2016 11:19:06 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
What is the precise version number of PRTG?
Best regards

Created on May 23, 2016 11:32:44 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sorry, thought I've entered it in my first post: 16.2.24.3809 [Preview]

Created on May 23, 2016 3:55:42 PM

Votes:

We are trying to reproduce the issue currently but, so far, were unable to. Did you run the PRTG installer as Administrator explicitly? If not could you try?

Created on May 24, 2016 2:04:07 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I already have...

But you're right... It's not a problem with your installation...

The problem is caused by the Windows Defender. If I deactivate it or use another antivirus pogram then there's no problem with the administration tool...

Created on May 24, 2016 6:24:09 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.