What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to connect to remote AWS windows machine, getting PE015 errir

Votes:

Hi, I am unable to get disk space data for a remote windows AWS machine as connection to the machine is not established.

I tried using DNS name instead of IP. My credentials are correct. I have used computername and 'localhost' as domain and still getting the following error.

Connection could not be established (80070005: Access is denied ).

aws pe015 prtg windows wmi

Created on May 23, 2016 4:21:32 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi there,

You can also try manually querying the AWS machine with our WMI Tester. The queries for most WMI sensors are listed here. "Access denied" might also be caused by local firewall on the AWS machine blocking the request. If you can, disable local firewall shortly and try again to see if that's the only issue hindering WMI connection.

Assuming the AWS machine is not in the same domain as your PRTG server, you might want to take a look at this article.

If all fails you still have the option to install a Remote Probe directly on the AWS machine. It would be able to query the machine locally (and other machines in your AWS cloud for that matter) while transmitting sensor results through an encrypted SSL connection to your PRTG server through port 23560.

Kind regards.

Created on May 23, 2016 11:40:28 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.