What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Customise email body of SMTP&POP3 Round Trip Sensor

Votes:

I asked before if it was possible to add a file attachment directly to the automatic email that is sent out and was told that this was not possible.

Is it possible to edit the text of the email that is sent out so that I can insert a MIMEencoded string? We want this functionality so that we can see how quickly our email system processes email attachments, specifically the anti-malware, compared to the plain text emails.

I know that the email subject can be customised, but that would be no help in this case.

email pop3 round-trip roundtrip smtp template

Created on May 23, 2016 12:16:46 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

Sorry, that's not possible with the Roundtrip sensor, since its purpose is for checking basic email delivery/reception.

Kind regards.

Created on May 24, 2016 12:32:30 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.