What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Unable to create Windows Print Queue sensor after password change.

Votes:

After changing the domain admin password all Windows Print Queue sensors stopped working and I am unable to create any new sensors. I did run the WMITest.exe program on the probe's host server with success. The only sensor that seems to be affected is the Windows Print Queue sensor.

print queue wmi

Created on May 31, 2016 8:19:21 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Please open the settings page of one of the affected sensors and directly enter the "Credentials for Windows Systems". Does it work afterwards? If not, which exact error message is displayed in the sensor message?

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jun 2, 2016 1:29:09 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This sensor does not appear to have a way to enter credentials. The exact error is "An exception occurred while creating the PrintServer object. Win32 error. Access is denied."

Please let me know where to send if you would like a screenshot.

Created on Jun 2, 2016 2:54:53 PM

Votes:

Hi there,

Sorry, please enter the credentials in the settings of the device, not the sensor. You can either forward a screenshot in this forum by using the syntax

{{http://imageurl|Image description}}

or you can forward the screenshot to [email protected] and refer to this KB post.

Which query did you use within the WMI Tester Tool since you mentioned that it's working from there?

Best, Felix

Created on Jun 3, 2016 4:04:51 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.