What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Alerts for interface utilization

Votes:

I'm trying to Generate notifications based on interface utilization. I know I can set limits at the sensor level but I'm currently tracking about 18K sensors, which makes setting limits at that level no a valid solution. Anyone have a good solution for this?

notifications snmp-traffic threshold-trigger

Created on May 31, 2016 8:26:27 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

is it the same limit for all the sensors?

I will do a 1000 of them at a time displaying say all snmp bandwidth sensors...change it to display 1000 and use the multi-edit function and do a 1000 of them at a time.

Created on Jun 1, 2016 6:01:54 PM

Votes:

They are mostly 10G interfaces. Typically we don't monitor access ports for end devices only trunks and lacp interfaces. I will try your suggestion but what I would really like to do is use a percentage as the trigger, i.e any time an interface hits say 80% utilization to place that interface into warning and send an alert

Created on Jun 2, 2016 1:56:05 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.