What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG customized report

Votes:

I am trying to setup a report for a customer, it will show multiple sites "Ping" and "bandwidth" sensors.

By using the sensor list report template, I am able to build a report with "Ping" sensor: 'Results' + 'Graph' in first line of the table and "Bandwidth" sensor: "Result" +"Graph" in second line of the table.

However, the "UP:" and "Down:" information of "Bandwidth" sensor really confuses our customer.

How do I remove/hide "UP/Down" information just for "Bandwidth" sensor but still show these information for "Ping" sensor?

I have done some test with changing HTTP script under "webroot" folder, but cannot make it work.

Please help.

custom reports sensor

Created on Jun 3, 2016 2:09:02 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Such modifications are not officially supported, you may consider modifying the report template or the details of the report, but please note that you would end up having two distinct reports if you want to have "different" reports.

Alternatively, please consider using PRTG's HTTP API to extract the historic data of the relevant sensors and creating a report displaying only what you want:

Best Regards,

Created on Jun 6, 2016 12:25:35 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi @Luciano,

thanks for your reply. I have modified the template and roughly got what I wanted. However, I do recommend PRTG should have customized report system which allow users to build their own report. For example, if I create a sensor list report for both Ping and BW sensors for one probe, it will show "down time" summary for both, and both figures are different.

Also, I found "Sensor History Status" is really useful, but I cannot find a way to export the data from PRTG just for that. If I do a excel analysis using PRT raw data, the result is really different. there are so many "tiny outages" from raw data does not show on "sensor history status". if PRTG has sensor history status data already, why not just put it into csv export data ?

I am really liking PRTG and I want to see improvement of this product. Sorry being so picky.

Cheers.

Created on Jun 7, 2016 1:10:57 AM

Votes:

Hello,
thank you for your feedback.

The uptime/downtime is available for all sensors within PRTG, Traffic Sensors will also have downtime in the following scenarios:

1. SNMP Disabled/not responding, interface changed (index error).
  2. When limits defined in the sensor's channels are reached
  3. When connection status handling is enabled and the interface becomes disabled.

The Uptime/Downtime applies to all sensors in PRTG, as each sensor can go into down (for different reasons/conditions).

As for the "Sensor Status History", it can't be queried outside the report I'm afraid, if you're trying to achieve a similar result exporting sensor's data please check whenever you're evaluating your data with the same average as the report uses.

We're aware of limitations with the current reporting mechanisms/engines, we definitively want to address/improve these but due to the current priorities/weights of other tasks in development this might still take a while to become reality, don't expect any improvements in the near future.

Created on Jun 8, 2016 7:48:23 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.