What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Primary group members listing

Votes:

I have aleady more than 100 users and I need to mange them properly. I am looking for a fature to have primary users listed on /systemsetup.htm?tabid=6 in the same way as other group members are listed there. Similar request for User Groups section on Configuration report config_report_users.htm.

groups reports user

Created on Jun 5, 2016 10:37:50 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Tomasz,
thank you for your follow up.

You're correct, we haven't been able to release this yet but it was implemented and will be included with PRTG 16.3.26 and upwards. Just make sure to keep your PRTG up-to-date and keep an eye on the release notes for new features and changes.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau

Created on Sep 8, 2016 2:31:20 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello Tomasz, we appreciate your contact.

I'm not sure I understand what you're requesting. the User Groups as listed in the (config_report_users.htm) presents exactly the same information as the "User Groups" view (/systemsetup.htm?tabid=6). May I ask that you elaborate?

Please also note that the "primary" group is merely a formality, there's no difference between a group member and an user's primary group.

Best Regards,

Created on Jun 6, 2016 12:40:53 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I am aware that "primary group" is a kind of fiction and I wonder if you shoud keep it - it creates a confusion, but that's not the point. In /systemsetup.htm?tabid=6 I can't see users in a column "Members" assigned to a group which is their primary group. If I click that group I can see in its properties this user on a Primary Users list.

To me it looks that only members (but not primary members) are displayed in Members column of /systemsetup.htm?tabid=6 or User & Groups Configuration Report. For User perspective reporting everything is fine - both primary and membership groups are displayed correctly.

Created on Jun 7, 2016 9:38:50 PM

Votes:

Hello Tomasz,
thank you for the clarification.

Yes, I've observed the described behavior and I definitively agree that this is "somewhat confusing" to say the least. I will bring this to developments attention and expect that we're able to resolve this, but at the moment I'm unable to confirm whenever we'll be able to fix this or the ETA for the fix.

Best Regards,

Created on Jun 9, 2016 6:24:57 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Thi seems to still not fixed :( Do you have this improvement somewhere on your roadmap? I mean mainly missing Primary Users listing on the page /systemsetup.htm?tabid=6 .

Created on Sep 8, 2016 8:44:20 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Tomasz,
thank you for your follow up.

You're correct, we haven't been able to release this yet but it was implemented and will be included with PRTG 16.3.26 and upwards. Just make sure to keep your PRTG up-to-date and keep an eye on the release notes for new features and changes.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau

Created on Sep 8, 2016 2:31:20 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.