What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor PRTG Server from other Server

Votes:

Hi all,

I would like to know if the is a way the Monitor a PRTG Server over HTTP trought an other PRTG Server.

What i would like to monitor:

- Is the Server UP

- Last check from any Sensor / Last Data

- Number of Sensor with state Error, Warning, OK

What way would you go?

From where can i get the informations?

As soon as the Information are somewhere as xml readable, a can mange them.

Regards.

Adrian

api monitoring prtg self

Created on Jun 6, 2016 9:27:05 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Adrian,
thank you for your post.

Did you review the following?

Most results/readings provided via the API can be queried directly via the built-in HTTP XML/REST Value Sensor. I'll provide the links/replies to the individual questions below:

Is the Server UP

You can use a HTTP, HTTP Advanced or even SSL Certificate Sensor to check whenever your Core Server's web-interface is reachable.

Last check from any Sensor / Last Data

This is "somewhat" possible, the api/getsensordetails.xml?id=sensorid and api/table.xml?content=sensors queries can get you the <lastcheck> value, but the result is provided in the TDateTime format and as a string, which makes further processing this value not straightforward. Example output looks like this:

<lastcheck>
<![CDATA[40511.5407662153[13 m 55 s ago]]]>
</lastcheck>

Number of Sensor with state Error, Warning, OK

Please refer to the following article:

Best Regards,

Created on Jun 7, 2016 8:34:17 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.