What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom Alarm Table Map Object For Library

Votes:

I've seen a couple of dated posts regarding this however, nothing has a definitive answer other than "this is not possible" however, those posts have been from a couple of years ago.

I've created some custom libraries to monitor specific areas in some of my client network. I am trying to produce a table that shows all of the current alarms/warnings/unusuals for the objects within the library, is it possible to create something like this? I've found code for the Custom Map Object Sunburst view for Libraries however, I cannot find any information relating to a custom alarm table. The most recent post I found relating to this dates from 2014 which states that "this is currently not possible", is that still the case or is there now some HTML wizardry that can be done to produce such a table?

custom-map-object libraries maps

Created on Jun 9, 2016 10:57:52 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi jpower,

It is not possible to create a map object from a library, except for the custom sunburst map object.

You could create such a filtered list of sensors for maps by using tags and data tables. Assign specific tags to the objects in your library and create a custom map object with status filters.

1. See this article for how to create such a table for your map.
  2. Provide your tags in the custom code, for example, filter_tags="@tag(pingsensor,xmlexesensor)"
  3. Define the status filters you want to use (0 to 14), for example, filter_status="5" to show down sensors.

You can look up the needed values in the URL when you choose Sensors | By Current Status | <status> from the main menu bar in the PRTG web interface.

Regards,

Created on Jun 14, 2016 10:03:52 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.