What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSH Script Advanced

Votes:

I have written a script with separate channels using XML that works fine but have two questions/issues.

1. The data return is a percentage but no matter what channel settings I try, I cannot get the dials to show anything but all the way left for 0% or right for any percent higher than 0.

2. I want to add some text to the output with some additional info for each channel. Where/how can I do this, if at all?

Thanks!

advance channels script ssh

Created on Jun 9, 2016 2:05:28 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Kyle,

Can you please forward a screenshot of the current graph? Do I understand you correctly that you want the "0%" on the very left side of the x-axis and the "100%" on the very right side?

It will not be possible to add information to each channel, but you could write information into the comments field of the sensor.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jun 10, 2016 2:26:07 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Over time the dials have changed to have very random settings. For instance one at 22% is showing at the halfway point. I'll forward a screenshot.

As for the comments, this is dynamic data - number of FlexLM licenses in use of number of licenses.

Created on Jun 10, 2016 2:32:40 PM

Votes:

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for forwarding the screenshot. The gauges will automatically scale depending on the maximal value which they received. You can click on the gauge to change the channel settings. Enable the limits of this particular channel and enter "0" for the Lower Warning and "100" for the Upper Warning limit. This will scale the gauge to 100.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jun 13, 2016 7:43:48 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.