What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Custom String Sensor multiple keywords

Votes:

Hi there,

My question might be simple but i couldn't find any answer to it. Is it possible to search the SNMP String for more than one Keyword or do i need to use multiple sensors for that?

I need to check on a HWg-STE Temperature device and i need to get an Error when the temp gets higher than 32°C. The Devices gives me its temperature with SNMP like this: 24.6

Does anybody know how to use multiple keywords so i can search for "31","32", etc.? All I can do right now is searching for "3." but that's not how I want to handle it.

Regards Janosch

custom-string hwg-ste keyword snmp temperature

Created on Jun 9, 2016 3:54:20 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your support ticket. The SNMP Custom String Sensor cannot search for more than one key word. To solve this, you can use the extraction feature with regular expressions, to extract the number out of this string into a value on the sensor. Then after that, simply use error limits for the alerting.

best regards.

Created on Jun 10, 2016 10:28:03 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.