What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do you send HTTP post data properly through PRTG?

Votes:

Hello,

We are using the HTTP transaction sensor to verify that our externally facing sites are up. I am getting the error: "URL # 3: Read timed out." once I get to the url that requires for data. How does PRTG like the POST data to be formatted in order to handle these requests?

Below are some examples of requests I have tried to send through--

{
    "Accountnumber": "XXX",
    "Date": "XXX",
    "CVV2": "XXX",
    "Email": "XXX",
    "IsActive": true,
    "FullName": "XXX",
    "ZIP": "XXX",
}

ctl00$DefaultContent$ucSaleInformation$txtAccountNo.AccountNumber=xxx&ctl00$DefaultContent$ucSaleInformation$drpExpirationDateMonth=xxx&ctl00$DefaultContent$ucSaleInformation$drpExpirationDateYear=xxx&ctl00$DefaultContent$ucSaleInformation$txtCVV=xxx&ctl00$DefaultContent$ucAccountHolderInformation$txtAddressLine1.Address1=xxx&ctl00$DefaultContent$ucAccountHolderInformation$txtPostalCode.ZipCode=xxx&ctl00_DefaultContent_btnVerify=True

http http-transaction-sensor prtg

Created on Jun 10, 2016 6:21:44 PM

Last change on Jun 13, 2016 3:18:17 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Usually like that:

POST /path/ HTTP/1.0
User-Agent: PRTG/1.0
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 32

Accountnumber=XXX&Date=XXX&CVV2=XXX&[email protected]&IsActive=true&FullName=Test Me"&zip=01395

Make sure that the content-length number matches the length of the last line :)

Created on Jun 13, 2016 3:21:40 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, Stephan! This helped perfectly.

Created on Aug 23, 2016 7:09:35 PM

Votes:

Well that took some time :D Nice that it worked out :)

Created on Aug 24, 2016 7:39:47 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.