What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Multiple SNMP Credentials?

Votes:

Hi all!

I've got an odd issue, and couldn't find the answer in the KB. I've got everything all set up and working fine, however, I've got one set of devices that ONLY work with SNMP v1, and I've got another set of devices that ONLY work with SNMP v2. Is there a way to set up another set of credentials or scanner to accommodate that? Thanks in advance!

credentials multiple scan snmp

Created on Jun 14, 2016 6:15:52 PM

Last change on Jun 15, 2016 11:35:07 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Scine,
thank you for your KB-post.

Conceptually, credentials (SNMP, WMI, now Database) can be set at DEVICE, GROUP, PROBE or ROOT level, this means that you can specify the (SNMP) credentials that work for most of your devices at the Root level and if you have devices that doesn't use those credentials, head to the Settings tab of the individual devices, disable the inheritance of said credentials and explicitly define new ones for that device only.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau

Created on Jun 15, 2016 11:34:57 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Oh that's perfect! Thank you! I am trying it out as we speak!

Created on Jun 15, 2016 9:02:28 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.