What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

tracert with IP check

Votes:

Hi

i would like to have a sensor wish checkes in a tracerout the IP of a hop for example:

tracert google.com

1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms 192.168.65.5 2 15 ms 16 ms 15 ms 192.168.65.4 ....

I would like to know when the IP of hop one changes. Aleso the tracert from hop 7 gets only time out.

Please help me.

change check ip traceroute tracert

Created on Jun 16, 2016 6:45:10 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

We have a sensor that does exactly that - TraceRoute Hop Count Sensor :)

Created on Jun 17, 2016 10:19:23 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi

thnaks a lot and how can i limit the sensor to check only the first 3 steps?

Regards Dennis

Created on Jun 17, 2016 11:25:16 AM

Votes:

The sensor will always check the entire way to the given target host. That can't be configured, sorry!

Created on Jun 17, 2016 11:30:34 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hi

my problem is that the tracert can't be terminated. From setp 5 on it gets only * and nothing else. Because of this i get error.

Regards Dennis

Created on Jun 17, 2016 11:51:38 AM

Votes:

Unfortunately, not much we can do about it :( The asterisks mean that the hosts on
the route are not responding to the request in a timely manner.

Created on Jun 17, 2016 12:28:04 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.