What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding a PRTG probe via NAT

Votes:

Hi,

I'm just wondering if this is supported? Can the server talk to a probe with a NAT address? I'm finding that I can't add a probe this way

Thanks!

nat probe remote-probe

Created on Jun 17, 2016 3:41:02 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Silver565,
thank you for your post.

Please review the following:

Any and all remote probes must be able to reach your core server on port 23560, so if the probes are outside your network, configure the NAT on your public IP port 23560 to the Core server's Internal IP on port 23560.

Please be aware that the Core Server does NOT accept probe connections by default, this has to be explicitly enabled/configured under Setup > Core & Probes or using the PRTG Administration Tool.

For further details:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 17, 2016 9:03:23 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Jun 17, 2016 9:03:37 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.