What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Any way to remove outages from statistics?

Votes:

Hi,

Our monitoring server had an outage because of a faulty patch cable of about 3 hours. This has affected all of our stats and is now producing invalid uptime percentages for our servers. Is there any way that I can remove this monitoring outage from the system? I tried setting a maintenance period but that didn't do anything.

Chris.

outage prtg statistics uptime

Created on Jun 21, 2016 11:34:05 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Chris,
thank you for your contact.

Data recorded by PRTG can't be modified, the only way to remove these 3 hours of data would be to remove the whole day worth of historic data and perform a Cache Recalculation. This will create a "gap" in your historic data for that day and affect all sensors coverage, but will undo any downtime caused by that outage.

Steps:

1. On the Core Server's filesystem, head to C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Monitoring Database\, look for the folder for the date you want to remove (Format YYYYMMDD), for instance if the issue occurred yesterday, remove (or move to another location otuside PRTG's data folder) the folder "20160621".
  2. Within PRTG's web-interface, head to Setup > Administrative Tools and issue a Recalculate PRTG Graph Data Cache.

Note1: that the time the Core Server will take to re-calculate the historic data cache can range from minutes to several hours depending on the amount of data stored on the server. the Live, 2, 30 and 365 days tabs of sensors will show incomplete or no values until the recalculation is completed.

Note2: If you wish to remove data for the current day, stop the Core Server Service before doing so as otherwise those files may be "open" by the core server.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jun 22, 2016 1:11:51 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Thank you very much - I have done this and it has solved the issue I was having - its a shame that I have lost the data for the day but it was reading as down for a lot of it anyway!

Created on Jun 22, 2016 1:23:32 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.