What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

It creates a wrong link %homem

Votes:

I have a DNS entry 88.88.88.88:1111. Generate notifications, use the variable %homem, it creates a wrong link: http://[88.88.88.88:1111]/m/scannow.htm?id=%sensorid&action=0&targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid

How do I create a link without the "[]"

dns notifications variables

Created on Jun 22, 2016 1:43:34 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear rakedko

Please add some more information. Which version of PRTG are you using? Which type of notification are your using?

Do you add %homem to the subject line, or to the body? Are you using just %homem, or other content as well? Is the part in the brackets (before you replaced it by the symbolic IP) your actual home URL?

Created on Jun 23, 2016 12:13:06 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

UPD: version 15.3.19.4027. Email notification.

<a href="%homem/pause.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=0&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">stop</a><br>

actual home URL = 88.88.88.88:1111

Created on Jun 23, 2016 12:52:26 PM

Votes:

Dear rakedko

I just tested with the current version, there are no [ ] brackets added by PRTG.

The current version of PRTG also offers to send HTML emails which already include a link to pause the sensor in question.

Created on Jun 23, 2016 2:49:17 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

If the DNS name is the port ":1111", then put "[]". If there is no port then is OK

I solved my problem by doing the following? I wrote a DNS-name "example.com". Set up forwarding with example.com to 8.8.8.8:1111

Created on Jun 23, 2016 3:06:39 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.