What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hi 1 ask.... can i show sites visited from all pcs in my network

Votes:

i have a 8 pcs and pfsense firewall whit squid i want know if can use for show web visited for all computers in my net y can buy if can see this whit top visited web and who is a ip whit more web visited etc .....

thanx

web-access web-page website

Created on Jun 22, 2016 7:07:02 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

"I just got a trial washing machine from my local department store, can PRTG wash my clothes?"

No is the short answer (to your question and mine). Squid (and front ends for squid) will give you all the reports you need.

You can, if you wish, setup PRTG to alert if a user go to certain sites. But again its not the right tool. It can even show you the number of pages visited (with lots of custom scripts). Again Squid has tools that do all of this.

PRTG does not store any data except historical values (numbers), It cannot store lists of data.

If you are starting our, try to get PRTG to monitor the interface traffic usage on pfsense, it will tell you if your users are using too much traffic.

Created on Jun 23, 2016 12:30:43 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.