What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error with Microsoft SQL v2 Sensor

Votes:

I am getting the following error message when I try and use the Microsoft SQL v2 sensor on version 15.3.18.3118+

XML: The returned xml does not match the expected schema. (code: PE233) -- JSON: The returned json does not match the expected structure (Invalid JSON.). (code: PE231)

mssql prtg sql

Created on Jun 23, 2016 2:41:52 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
Please try creating a result file for said sensor. You can do so on tab Settings of the sensor by setting option Sensor Result to Write sensor result to disk (Filename: "Result of Sensor [ID].txt"). File will be stored in the PRTG Data Directory in folder Logs (Sensors). Either post the contents here or forward the file to [email protected] referencing this thread.
Best regards

Created on Jun 24, 2016 12:42:57 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Looks like I'm getting a .NET Unhandled Exception.

Unhandled Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The operation completed successfully
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.RegisterClassEx(WNDCLASSEX_D wc_d)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper..ctor(Int32 classStyle, Int32 style, Int32 exStyle, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, String name, IntPtr parent, HwndWrapperHook[] hooks)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher..ctor()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.get_CurrentDispatcher()
   at System.Windows.Application..ctor()
   at SQLSensorAdv.App.Main()

Created on Jun 24, 2016 1:05:42 PM

Last change on Jun 24, 2016 1:15:01 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Just checked with the developer but as the sensor has changed so much over the last months the message you are getting might be a bug in the version of PRTG you are using. You might either update to a current version or you might use the 'old' MSSQL sensor here.
Best regards

Created on Jun 27, 2016 11:00:00 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

So we have paid for our support and upgraded to version 16.3.24.4980+ we are still experiencing the same error message but this time its very sporadic.

Unhandled Exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The operation completed successfully
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.RegisterClassEx(WNDCLASSEX_D wc_d)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper..ctor(Int32 classStyle, Int32 style, Int32 exStyle, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, String name, IntPtr parent, HwndWrapperHook[] hooks)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher..ctor()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.get_CurrentDispatcher()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherObject..ctor()
   at System.Windows.Application..ctor()
   at SQLSensorAdv.App.Main()

It will work for days on end with maybe 1 or 2 downs but it seems to be coming more frequent the more sensors we add.

Please help.

Created on Jul 25, 2016 7:29:50 AM

Votes:

I'll forward this to our developers so they can check it. They'll let you know if they need more info.

Created on Jul 25, 2016 11:49:42 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,
what OS is PRTG running on and what .NET versions are installed there?

Created on Jul 25, 2016 12:27:51 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

PRTG is installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 with .NET 2.0.50727, 3.0, 3.5 & 4.5.2 (4.5.51650)

Created on Jul 25, 2016 12:37:39 PM

Votes:

How much SQL sensors do you have added and are they all located on the same probe? You also could forward us a Support Bundle using the contact support ribbon in your installation. When doing please refer to this thread.
Thank you!

Created on Jul 26, 2016 5:39:17 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The sensors are setup on a local probe with multiple devices. The strange thing is that I have the MSSQL WMI sensor working flawlessly across all these devices. The majority of devices have 2-3 MSSQL sensors and not all the sensors on the device fail and not all the time. I have sent a screenshot of such to your support email.

Created on Jul 26, 2016 6:55:56 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.