What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change to Local PRTG Remote Probe

Votes:

Hello ! I have installed PRTG locally, at 2 sites , and wanted one of them to install remote probe to display all in one enterprise console, the question is, how can I do to keep all sensors that already have defined on the site be installing the remote probe ? THANK YOU !!!

prtg prtg-network-monitor prtg16

Created on Jun 27, 2016 11:48:34 AM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

As far as I know, there is no Function to Export/Import a Probe with all of its Sensors. But you could create devicetemplates for all of your devices. You would still have to create the groups and devices manually again, but the auto-search with the devicetemplates would create the same sensors with the same settings as before.

I hope this is helpful.

Created on Jun 28, 2016 6:17:20 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Yrthmo is right, this will be the best way to quickly add the devices and sensors to your main installation. A partial migration from a remote probe to an existing core server installation is not possible I'm afraid.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jun 28, 2016 12:09:23 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for the prompt response !

Created on Jun 28, 2016 6:08:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.