What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Oracle Monitoring

Votes:

Hi,

I have to get the number session on my PRTG console with command as select count(*) from sys.v_$session

In old version, we could use Oracle SQL but new version with Oracle SQL v2 is not possible.

How can I do Oracle query and get the payload in PRTG ?

Thanks in advance

oracle oracle-sql-sensor oraclesql

Created on Jun 28, 2016 1:11:21 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

With the new SQL v2 sensor framework, queries are now stored in PRTGs app directory,
C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\sql\ to be exact. Store the query files in the corresponding DBMS folders and you can select the query when creating the sensor. Make sure that Data Processing is set to Count table rows.

Let me know if it worked out!

Created on Jun 29, 2016 11:51:55 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 29, 2016 11:52:03 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Yes it is working :)

I have to use a 'System' account too.

Thanks for your help and time.

Created on Jun 30, 2016 12:19:20 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.