What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SSH SAN Physical Disk

Votes:

Hi! I have HP MSA 2040 and I try to add SSH SAN Physical Disk sensor.

SSH Sensor find HDD's and in the list i see Errors:

Er

How i can fix it? THX

hp msa ssh

Created on Jun 30, 2016 9:05:40 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Have you tried what the error messages suggested (restarting SSH controller, using higher scanning intervals)? If that does not help, please send us a Support Bundle.

Kind regards.

Created on Jun 30, 2016 3:13:57 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

How i can do this: restarting SSH controller, using higher scanning intervals ? restart device or smt other? I set scanning interval 1 hour, it's doesn't help.

Created on Jul 1, 2016 4:58:07 AM

Votes:

SSH Controller is usually the SSH service running on the target device that can be restarted or you can just reboot the device itself. Maybe it's best you send us a Support Bundle so we can take a closer look what's going on.

Kind regards.

Created on Jul 1, 2016 1:39:09 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I create Case to support: PAE723741

Created on Jul 1, 2016 1:47:26 PM

Votes:

How can I add the disks like "dukedizel" did?

Created on Nov 6, 2017 6:54:27 PM

Votes:

Hello it_dhb,

dukedizel raised the SSH timeout to 900 seconds, then it worked.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Nov 7, 2017 8:47:24 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.