What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Credentials list in my PRTG installation

Votes:

Is it possible to have a list of all credentials used in my whole PRTG installation and in which group / device those credentials are used?

credentials list used-by

Created on Jun 30, 2016 12:14:27 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

We have a scriptbased solution now.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 26, 2016 8:02:58 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Votes:

You could try to get this information from PRTG Configuration.dat where this information is stored. But it will not be easy. You will probably have to write some script to extract the info.

Created on Jun 30, 2016 1:45:01 PM

Votes:

Hello,

I am afraid that there isn't a default option to obtain a list of all credentials, sorry.

Apart from going manually through all devices, you might want to try writing your own script and to use it with PRTG API.

Best regards

Created on Jul 1, 2016 11:35:05 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is it possible see this as a feature request and add it to a feature wishlist? I think that could be usefull for other users as well. I'll try to write my own script.

Created on Jul 1, 2016 11:41:02 AM

Votes:

I'll see if I can come up with something on monday, but maybe you get it up and running yourself in the meantime.

Created on Jul 1, 2016 1:54:02 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

We have a scriptbased solution now.

Kind regards,

Erhard

Created on Oct 26, 2016 8:02:58 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.