What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Two hours time difference in WMI UTC Time

Votes:

Hello,

im monitoring some systems with the WMI UTC Time sensor. Every sonsor shows the wrong time (2 hours in past), but the difference are only some seconds. In the account settings is the correct time zone chosen and the server itself has also the correct time. How can is adjust this "difference"?

Regards Tobi

difference time utc wmi

Created on Jul 4, 2016 1:14:23 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi Tobi,

There is an alternative sensor (CompareTime) available here
This sensor compares the UTC time of the specified computer with the probe's local UTC time

Created on Jul 5, 2016 9:43:52 AM

Votes:

Helljumper117,

Thank you very much for your KB-Post. Can you please share some screenshots illustrating the issue?

Thank you!

Created on Jul 5, 2016 10:53:47 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

So it worked with the CompareTime Sensor and its a good workaround but it dont solve the problem of the UTC Time sonsor.

Heres the picture:

UTC Time Sensor https://s32.postimg.org/lkvylq3f9/utctimesensor.png

The picture was taken at 10:31 - so i shows the correct difference with the wrong time...

Regards Tobi

Created on Jul 6, 2016 8:36:32 AM

Votes:

To compare the data directly, please use our WMI Tester, run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe) and scan against this particular target, with the following query:

SELECT Day,Month,Year,Hour, Minute, Second FROM Win32_UTCTime

Which result do you get?

Created on Jul 6, 2016 11:17:47 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Torsten,

Thias is what i get:

WMI Tester Result

Again, two hours in the past - The picture was taken at 8:40...

Reagrds Tobi

Created on Jul 7, 2016 6:44:45 AM

Votes:

With the WMI Tester you are now reading the raw values directly from the WMI System of the target. I'm afraid this then seems to be an issue rather with the target(s), than in PRTG. Reparing the WMI System on the target may then help if the general system time on the target is correct.

Created on Jul 7, 2016 8:31:39 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Torsten

I've got the same result on the target... will try to fix it with reparing the WMI.

Regards Tobi

Created on Jul 7, 2016 2:17:28 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.