What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

The ability to change the alarm sound in iOS application

Votes:

Hello everyone,

one thing that's really needed for the iOS application of PRTG is:

the ability to change the notification sound for alerts

Having to battle the ever-existing alarm- / notification-fatigue already is worse enough, but having the iOS default notification for PRTG notifications without the ability to change it, makes it way worse.

There's just no way of telling whether one gets an important notification or just some WhatsApp message.

I hope this was the right category to post this feature request anyhow, I am looking forward to seeing your responses.

Thank you!

app application ios prtg

Created on Jul 4, 2016 4:29:44 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

I'll talk to our iOS developer and let you know the outcome of it.

Created on Jul 5, 2016 12:05:11 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I agree that this would be VERY beneficial to be able to set a distinguishable alarm for PRTG on alarms. Did anything ever come of this for iOS?

Created on Jan 24, 2017 7:34:39 PM

Votes:

Good news, it will make it's way into the app in the near future and you can select between four distinct alarm sounds. Can't give an ETA, though it's already implemented in our internal versions.

Created on Jan 25, 2017 5:47:10 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi! The question is still very relevant. The ability to change the sound of the alarm in the iOS application is very necessary! Is there any progress on this issue?

Created on Dec 3, 2019 5:30:23 PM

Votes:

This can be done already, as there are various alarm sounds to select from within the application, although this only affects in-app alarms, not notification sounds, which are to be configured in iOS itself.

Created on Dec 4, 2019 7:52:59 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.