What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

The server was stopped

Votes:

I installed PRTG trial a week ago and ran through the tutorial. I have not had time to look into the software again until today and I am getting the below error. The server hosting the PRTG software has plenty of free drive space.

PRTG Network Monitor 16.2.24.4665

The server was stopped

System Emergency. The system was halted, because of the following: The available diskspace is too low! Please attend to the problem and restart the core server service thereafter.

error server stopped

Created on Jul 10, 2016 6:27:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,
thank you for your KB-Post.

Please make sure that there's sufficient space available on the Server, if you've resolved this issue by now, restart the server or restart the PRTG Core Server and Probe Services.

We also advise you to look for the culprit for the excessive disk utilization, it could be that you've enabled the SNMP Debug Log:

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 11, 2016 11:41:19 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.