What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change Top 10 Least Available Memory To Show Mbytes Instead of %

Votes:

Hi.

How can I change the map Top 10 Least Available Memory to show Mbytes instead of % ? On all my devices I have changed the memory sensor to show Mbytes instead of %.

Now i'm making a map and wants to add the Top 10 Least Available Memory but nothing shows because I have changed all device memory to show in Mbyte.

Thanks for your help.

mbyte memory wmi

Created on Jul 11, 2016 11:23:33 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear DEG

These objects are intended to be used with sensors set to percent. Both map objects use the API to filter the list of sensors. The memory filter uses an additional filter to ensure that only sensors with less that 101.00 (meaning maximum 100%) are listed to filter out sensors with false data. This filter also removes your memory sensors set to MB/GB instead of %.

Created on Aug 2, 2016 2:42:46 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear DEG

This can be done with customizing your map objects. The easiest way is to copy the object in question, which is a htm file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects and edit that file.

We don't provide technical support for this, but some documentation. Please find our portal for map customization here. Customizing a map object is not easy as some PRTG API knowledge is required if you want to change a filter.

Created on Jul 28, 2016 2:12:42 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Arne.

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps i'm not making myself clear, so I will try again.

Under devices I have added all my serves, storage and so on.

Sensors

In this example I have 2 devices each with 4 sensors. As you can see Device 1 sensor 4 shows this specific device's available C:\ disk space in %. Device 2 sensor 4 shows another specific device's available C:\ disk space in GByte. I have changed this for each sensor and devices by; Right mouse click on the sensor -> Edit -> Settings

Change

I can do the exact same for the Memory Free sensors.

Change

Now I I wants to create my own map/view. In the maps section there are a lot of already made stuff, like the top10. Showing top 10 of something.

I have added Top 10 available disk space (Least). All my disk sensors are mixed showing % and GByte.

Change

This inbuilt Top 10 available disk space (Least) shows sensors regardless of they are setup to % or GBytes. Everything is good for now.

Now I wants to do the same thing for memory free. In maps, I add the Top 10 Available Memory (Least). All my Memory Free sensors are set to show MByte.

But ONLY Memory Free Sensors set to % shows in this view.

Why don't the Top 10 Available Memory (Least) show both options (% and MByte) when the Top 10 available disk space (Least) (% and GByte) does ?

And what can I do to fix this ?

Or will this be fixed in a future update ?

Thanks in advance.

Created on Aug 2, 2016 12:54:47 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear DEG

These objects are intended to be used with sensors set to percent. Both map objects use the API to filter the list of sensors. The memory filter uses an additional filter to ensure that only sensors with less that 101.00 (meaning maximum 100%) are listed to filter out sensors with false data. This filter also removes your memory sensors set to MB/GB instead of %.

Created on Aug 2, 2016 2:42:46 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.