What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

WMI smart sensor issues

Votes:

I have my two computers monitoring with PRTG, one is a server, second one has just probe installed. Both PC's have SSD + HDD and both HDD are monitored by smart sensor (WMI SMART
.\PHYSICALDRIVE1). I have that sensor constantly turning up and down, I receive about 20 notifications from each probe. That happens to those two sensors only. I tried to delete and add them again, rebuilt performance counters, nothing helps. What could be the issue?

hdd-smart notification wmi-sensors

Created on Jul 12, 2016 12:20:30 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Dennis

For a detailed reply, this kind of question is best handled via an email. Please contact [email protected], ask this question again and attach some screenshots of one of the WMI sensors which makes trouble. We would need a screenshot of

- the overview tab - the 2-day graph tab - the logs tab - the settings tab (multiple screenshots if necessary to cover all options.)

Please capture the whole PRTG user interface in any screenshot, as cutting the border removes important context.

Created on Jul 12, 2016 12:24:43 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.