What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Use vbscript with window credential return error

Votes:

I use a vbscript custom sensor and set use Windows credentials of parent device but will return "Access denied. Please check your Windows credentials. (code: PE095)".

But other sensor use WMI not return any error

custom-sensor error vbscript

Created on Jul 14, 2016 5:28:17 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Could you please post the script that you are trying to run in this sensor?

If possible, please also upload some screenshots of the sensor.

Created on Jul 15, 2016 8:57:37 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, This is my code

strComputer = ""

strUser = ""
strPassword = ""

strNamespace = "root/cimv2"

Set objLocator = CreateObject("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator")
Set objWMIService = objLocator.ConnectServer(strComputer,strNamespace,strUser,strPassword)
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process WHERE name ='svchost.exe'")

if colItems.Count < 3 then
  wscript.echo colItems.Count&":Ok"
  wscript.quit("0")
Else
  wscript.echo colItems.Count&":Too many processes"

REM This sets the sensor into "Warning" State
  wscript.quit("1")
End if

is there need enter any parameter at parameters field

Created on Jul 15, 2016 9:31:57 AM

Last change on Jul 15, 2016 9:31:57 AM

Votes:

Can you try to enter the computer, user and password in the script and check if it works out?

Created on Jul 15, 2016 1:20:54 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

yes, it can work.

Created on Jul 18, 2016 12:31:15 AM

Last change on Jul 18, 2016 12:31:15 AM

Votes:

Hello, if I enter the computer, user and password in the script it returns this error "XML: The returned xml does not match the expected schema. (code: PE233) -- JSON: The returned json does not match the expected structure (Invalid JSON.). (code: PE231)", but if I use this code at localhost it no error, I don't know what wrong with it, can you help me?

Created on Jul 18, 2016 2:25:29 AM

Votes:

What sensor type are you using? EXE/XML or EXE/XML (advanced)?

Created on Jul 18, 2016 8:59:35 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I use EXE/XML sensor.

Created on Jul 19, 2016 12:39:18 AM

Votes:

Now, it have another error is "Response not wellformed: "(C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\custom sensors\EXE\Demo VBScript - Returns warning depending on number of svchost processes.vbs(9, 1) SWbemLocator: Access is denied. )" (code: PE132)" please help me

Created on Jul 19, 2016 1:30:21 AM

Votes:

I think the script is a rather lost cause - from what I can tell, you try to monitor the amount of svchost.exe instances. Couldn't you use the Windows process sensor for that? Is has a channel with the instance amount; simply apply limites to it and you can trigger notifications for that.

Created on Jul 19, 2016 7:49:18 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.