What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Multiple Context Name

Votes:

Hello,

I am attempting to setup PRTG for SNMP Printer sensor, to monitor the printers at my school. I have 3 different types of printers, all Toshiba's - Models 262, 263, 2040. The problem I have is that the 2040's will use SNMP v1, 2 & 3, but the 262/263's will only use v1 & 3. So I setup them all up as V3 but it still was not working.

Today i noticed that the context name on the printers is different for 262/263 - v3context, 2040 - MFP and I cannot change it.

Can I enter more than one context name? Or is there any way to use SNMP V2 and V3 on PRTG at the same time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sean

context-name printers prtg snmp

Created on Jul 15, 2016 2:44:57 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Sean,

In Settings tab of every device you can configure different SNMP settings. You do this by unchecking Credentials for SNMP devices there which will break the inheritance of this setting and configure it differently for this device. You can do the same in Settings tab for a device group for example which will then impact all devices contained in that group and so on.

Kind regards.

Created on Jul 19, 2016 11:21:59 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.