What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTML Object show on designer, but not in map

Votes:

I have a map which i show on a screen with the external link (no login required).

Now i added a "self html" object, which i filled with an iframe of a webpage. The iframe is showing correctly on the mapdesigner of the Enterprise Console. I can edit and place it, all good. But, it doesn't show up on the map through the external link! I only see a very thin frame in the location where the iframe should be.

Are there exclusions for maps showing through links without required login?

the html code i used in "HTML before" is this: --- <iframe width="430" height="800" src="http://www.backyard-racing.ch/zeiterfassung.php?user=XXX&amp;pw=XXX" style="-webkit-transform:scale(0.7);-moz-transform-scale(0.7);"></iframe> ---

another thing that can cause the problem: the "&" in my URL is transformed to "&amp;" in the mapdesigner field. I cannot add the html without the transformation to "&amp;" happens.

html maps view

Created on Jul 19, 2016 12:28:05 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello there,

Talked to development about this, sorry it took longer as expected. Ampersand (&) is being replaced due to security reasons. The link however should work anyway with this replacement. The reason that iframes are not being displayed is in most cases because of mixed HTTP/HTTPS content on the site which many browser deny.

Kind regards.

Created on Aug 4, 2016 7:42:45 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.