What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MySQL datetime error

Votes:

I set up a mysql sensor whit following sql code: SELECT * FROM `shop_cron_monitoring` WHERE `cron_name` != "cron_zap_import" AND `end_time` < DATE_SUB(NOW(),INTERVAL 24 HOUR) OR `cron_check` = "1"

I receive an error: "[System.String] value can not be parsed. Please keep in mind that any date or time formats need to use the "EN-US" format."

In the log is written: "Unable to convert MySQL date/time value to System.DateTime"

In the setting of "My Account" the timezone is right (UTC +01:00), and Dateformat is "System Settings", which is TT.MM.JJJJ (24h)

What can i do?

datetime error mysql

Created on Jul 21, 2016 2:06:10 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear backyard_racing

The string containing the date must adhere to the MM/DD/YYYY format. (This is not related to PRTG's time format setting.) If your database returns the datestring as MM/DD/YYYY and you still get the error message, please open the sensor settings and enable the "Write Result to Disk" option. Please send the logfiles (usually located in "C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor") to [email protected] including the original question.

Created on Jul 25, 2016 2:33:53 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.