What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Windows Software restriction Policy + WMI Event LOG

Votes:

Dear peeps,

I just rolled out Windows Software restriction Policy true out or systems. Now i wanne know if it's possible to monitor the events with PRTG, to be specific I know it's possible to get an trigger when te event has happend but is it also possible to get the full content of the event by mail (so not only the message Sensor is down etc. I wanne have the full content of that spec event)

Is that possible to get something like this:

Sensor eventlog software res .. is down because off:

Access to C:\Users\###\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by location with policy rule {34bc9b60-71be-4fca-8a3a-7b74eb8acdef} placed on path C:\Users\###\AppData\Roaming

eventlog eventlog-wmi notifications

Created on Jul 26, 2016 7:32:45 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear wgr

I am sorry, PRTG's eventlog capability is more limited. You can filter for a specific event, but you cannot put it into a notification. You might want to adapt this custom sensor script though.

Created on Jul 27, 2016 1:51:01 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.