What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Error for HTTP Advanced Sensor

Votes:

When i use an HTTP Advanced sensor, i get the following error:

"Failed to establish secure connection [Step 0] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 1] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 2] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 3] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Step 4] Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer. [Unsecure] IOHandler value is not valid"

i have a site sit to a website that just responds a number (like 0 for all good) i search for that number on the response using the sensor, but all i get is the above error. any clues?

error http http-advanced

Created on Jul 26, 2016 1:41:39 PM

Last change on Jul 27, 2016 11:52:05 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello and thank you for your post.

Are you using a modern PRTG Version? Please make sure that your version is up-to-date.
If the issue persists, please share the URL that you're trying to monitor, this will allow us to try to reproduce the issue.

Please remember that the URL will be accessed by the PRTG Probe on which you've deployed the sensor, make sure that the said probe has access to the URL.

Best Regards,
Luciano Lingnau [Paessler Support]

Created on Jul 27, 2016 11:56:52 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

You were correct. The prtg machine that tried to access the URL was blocked by the firewall. We are running the very latest release of PRTG so that wasn't the issue.

Created on Jul 28, 2016 5:42:24 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.