What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NetFlow toplists are starting from 10am

Votes:

I've created new toplists for my NetFlow sensor with long periods - 6 hours and 24 hours. The 6 hour one saves data in the range 10am-4pm, 4pm-10pm, etc. The 24 hour one has its range from 10am-10am. I assume this is because I'm in time zone +10.

How can I fix it?

netflow prtg time

Created on Jul 27, 2016 9:55:26 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

I tried playing with the time zone setting in Setup/User Settings. I changed it to UTC and found that toplists were now claiming to run from midnight to midnight, so I figured that meant this setting is only to change the displayed times, not to change the start times of periods, so I changed it back to +10. Now some toplists are displaying midnight to midnight, and some are showing 10am to 10am. Is there at least a way to force them all to be the same?

Created on Jul 28, 2016 9:52:43 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Do you have any other netflow flow sensors in PRTG? If so do they have the same issue? If not, would it be possible for you to pause this sensor and create a new sensor for this port and see if that also has lag issues?

Is the time on the target device correct?

Would it be possible for you to send over the probe state logs?

Please go to the "Setup"->"System Administration"->"Administrative Tools"-Page in PRTG and click the button "Write Probe state file". The state file(s) should be written into the "Logs (System)"-folder, please send us the content of this folder.

Please also forward us a screenshot of the overview page of one grey sensor, a screenshot of the Live graph and live data table of this sensor and a screenshot of the "Setup"->"System Status"-Page in PRTG. Then use the option to upload the state files and the PRTG System logs to our FTP-Server, using the button "Send Logs to Paessler..." on the tab "Logs" in the "PRTG administration tool". You can do this from the Probe that runs these sensors (Important if you are using Remote Probes!). Please refer to this kb-article.

Created on Jul 29, 2016 12:26:26 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.