What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to assign properties to a link

Votes:

Hello everyone, I search how i can put features on link. To me the most important is to see in real time the bandwidth on link but i don't know how to do that. Is it possible?

thanks for your answer.

bandwidthsensor real-time snmp-traffic

Created on Jul 28, 2016 7:06:45 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear tmallet

PRTG provides no real-time monitoring. By default, an SNMP traffic sensor scans once per minute. You can decrease the scanning interval to 30 seconds, but for most applications the per-minute resolution is a good setting.

Created on Jul 28, 2016 3:44:34 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for your answer Arne Seifert. One scan per minute is enough. But how can I place the result on the link to make my map more readable?

Created on Jul 29, 2016 6:10:43 AM

Votes:

Dear tmallet

Please clarify: Do you want to see the graph for a specific traffic sensor on a PRTG map? In that case, please drag and drop the according sensor (from the left-hand pane) onto the map. You now see a placeholder. From the right-hand pane, please drag and drop an object like Graphs / Live Graph (Large Fonts) onto that placeholder.

Created on Jul 29, 2016 12:33:01 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.