What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Eventlog Sensor

Votes:

Hey. My goal - Monitoring of specific events on a file server. I want to be notified when there is "audit failure" and "success audit" for a specific folder on the server. My sensors are configured wmieventlogsensor-Security Audit Failure / Security Audit Success. But I receive messages all over the Security Audit Failure / Security Audit Success, and I need for a specific folder \ path. Where in the sensor settings can I specify what that value to the sensor wmieventlogsensor tracked desired me events?

eventlog-wmi filter-event-log-entries wmi-sensors

Created on Aug 5, 2016 12:13:13 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

In order to filter for a specific folder \ path you can use in the sensor settings Filter by Category or Event Source.

Created on Aug 8, 2016 11:38:27 AM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.