What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

The server was stopped. No configuration file found

Votes:

After a few weeks of no problem, suddenly I get:

PRTG Network Monitor 16.2.24.4273 x64

The server was stopped

System Emergency. The system was halted, because of the following: No configuration file found, but monitoring data for an unknown configuration exists! Please attend to the problem and restart the core server service thereafter.

PRTG Network Monitor © 1997-2016 Paessler AG

I am running PRTG on my home computer with Windows 10. I can see that the computer has had stisvc crashing almost every day. I am not aware of any changes made to the system that I expect to have any importance.

Both "PRTG Core Server Service" and "PRTG Probe Service" are running.

I have not uninstalled PRTG. I did not want to risk loosing my configurations, if not nessecary. I hoped to repair by just install it again, over the old installation. It did not help... :-(

no-configuration-file-found system-was-halted windows-10

Created on Aug 5, 2016 9:36:18 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Could you go through restoring the configuration to see if that resolves the issue?

Created on Aug 8, 2016 5:40:28 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.