What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

MapObject

Votes:

First of all, english is not my native language, but i hope it won't be too hard to understand my question.

I want to edit some mapobject. I want the Table that shows the Alarms to not show the Alarms that are allready confirmed

Second, i'd like to have the "Sensor Message only on Status Related Background" Object but for the Trees. It should only show the Name of the Tree on it and its background color depending on the Sensors in it. At least 1 unconfirmed Alarm --> RED At least 1 Warning --> Orange Only Paused, confirmed Alarms and normaly working Sensors --> Green

Im pretty new to HTML or CSS, so i hope that someone is able to help me.

css edit hiding-acknowledge-alarms html mapobject notifications

Created on Aug 9, 2016 1:49:53 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi Alexander,

As for the alarm table, it can be done as described here.

As for the quite dynamic tree, there is no tweak to do this. However you could try setting up an XML/Rest sensor as described here that counts all sensors that are currently in "down" state (includes only "down", because acknowledged state is different, called "downacksens" as stated in the article), put a limit on it and it will turn red. Add this sensor then to your map to have a simple indication there about sensors being down without acknowledgement.

Kind regards.

Created on Aug 10, 2016 12:39:48 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you, both worked fine!

Created on Aug 11, 2016 11:36:18 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.