What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PowerShell script not getting executed for a Sensor

Votes:

I am trying to execute a PowerShell Script as a notification when a sensor goes down. PowerShell script is executed successfully for a local probe (Sensor on the machine where PRTG is installed). But it is not running for an IMAP sensor. So when the IMAP sensor goes down the script isn't run at all. In the logs it says "Status sending EXE:OK" but the script doesn't run.

Is there a difference how notification is triggered for remote probe as appose to local probe. If not can someone please advise on how I can debug this issue

execute-program notifications powershell

Created on Aug 11, 2016 3:40:02 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

I have looked at process explorer and see on the instance when the PowerShell isn't run the PRTG process doesn't even create a PowerShell process which it does create when the script is run successfully.

Created on Aug 12, 2016 8:43:25 AM

Votes:

What PRTG version are you actually running and what parameters is the powershell notification using?

Created on Aug 15, 2016 9:28:47 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.