What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report Bandwidth Usage at a Particular Hour over the Previous Month

Votes:

Hello Paessler Community!

I'm new to PRTG, and after setting up the monitoring environment, I'm now looking to create some reports for one of my clients. One of their requests is to produce a report each month of the average bandwidth usage (consumption) at a particular hour over the previous month. For example, I'd like to show a report in August of the average bandwidth usage each day of July at 5:00pm. I haven't been able to accomplish this, and I want to see if any of you gurus can help me figure out whether PRTG's built-in reporting can accommodate this.

If it can't, do you have any suggestions for perhaps a reporting add-on (either from Paessler or from a third party) that will give me reporting capabilities like that?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

average bandwidth reports usage

Created on Aug 12, 2016 12:16:02 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

Thank you for your KB-post.

To achieve this, you can try using schedules within the reports.

First it is necessary to set a Schedule - in this case, in the schedule settings, check only the boxes for 17:00, each day.

Then in the settings of the report, scroll down to the section "Period (What time span will the report cover)" and under "Report Only for Specific Hours-of-Day (Schedule)" please choose the Schedule that you created.

In the report you will get only the data for the period 17-18h, each day. Report created in this way will also have blank areas (gaps in the graphs and blank fields in the tables) for all periods outside of the schedule, but I am afraid this cannot be changed/removed.

Best regards

Created on Aug 16, 2016 9:03:17 AM by  Isidora Jeremic [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.